1099Hrs – Beam Troughs In!
I put in a good productive work session tonight and I managed to get all 6 beam troughs glued into position. I got a bit stressed when, despite all my marking up, the first one didn’t want to line up but I quickly realised that I was working to the wrong set of marks. These were a legacy from my previous problems and I should have removed them or clearly scrubbed them out. I also found that wet epoxy dissolves ‘permanent’ marker! Anyway after that all the others went in quite easily, I just took my time, checking as I went and making sure everything was pulled tightly together with screws. I’ll remove these screws tomorrow and then all that remains is to put strong fillets into the floor/wall corners then I’m done. I’m really looking forward to moving on to something else. It has taken over 50 hours of work from starting these beam troughs to get to where I am now. I have no idea if that’s ‘normal’ but I know I hadn’t expected them to take that amount of time. That said they are, after all, one of the key parts of the boat and any mistakes made here would have potentially disastrous consequences later so all in all I’m glad I took the time and got them right.