1092Hrs – Dry Assembling Troughs
After a bit of key sanding and tidying up I set to dry fitting the forward beam troughs at bulkhead No1. As before I’m taking it steady, checking everything carefully as I go. It seems that these troughs will fight me to the last as I discovered that the port side one had slipped out of level athwart ships. No at all to correct now but it would have been had I glued without checking. After some small adjustments I screwed everything together and dropped the aluminium crossbeam in to check for squareness and level…. it looked perfect. I can now mark these troughs up clearly and they can be disassembled ready to glue.