1068.5Hrs – The Mists Are Clearing
As anticipated my first week in a new job is making higher demands on my time but, whilst being keen to make a good start and establish my position I am equally determined to keep the Gleda project moving forward. Since my last work session I had spent some time studying the plans and had clarified the positions of the beamtroughs both in my head and with some additional dimensions written down. The main thing I had established was that all these beamtroughs must be at the same level. Obvious now but not so obvious on the drawings, the positions of the stringers create an optical illusion when looking at the drawing making it look as if the forward beamtrough is lower than the others. Only when a straightedge is employed does it become obvious it is not and moreover that all the beamtrough floors are on the same level. Having established that, tonight’s task was to check them on the hulls and see what I had. It took some time with the trolley jack and water level but I was pleased to discover that the only troughs I had wrong were the ones at bulkhead 4. These will need to be lowered slightly, not a problem. I finished off by cutting out the small beamtrough sides for bulkheads 2/3. I had omitted these for some reason when I was cutting the others weeks ago. By the way our long lost summer has finally arrived and we are experiencing temperatures in the mid 20’Cs….about time, I hope it lasts!