1066Hrs – Careful Progress
I have made steady progress on the beamtroughs today but I realised early on that I wasn’t absolutely sure about all the dimensions. I am finding the detail a little lacking in the plans. Not all the dimensions are given on the drawings and, as I found out right at the beginning of the build, scaling off the plans can be misleading because of discrepancies with the copy process. For that reason I decided to hold off any gluing until I have all the beamtroughs constructed and dry screwed together. Not only will I be able to check that they are all square before I glue but I will also have time to sit down with the drawings and make sure that I have all the dimensions and positioning absolutely right.